Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Sarek
Serenity
Razz
7 posters

Thoughts on the recent drama

Razz
    Noobie
    Noobie

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Thoughts on the recent drama Empty Thoughts on the recent drama

Post  Razz Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:58 am

Just some of my thoughts about people leaving and Zeus in general. I find it disheartening that people left the guild the other day. We already have multiple examples of people how left the guild and want back in. I really think those that left just don't get what Zeus is all about. I remember the very first day I joined it was in a raid for Crazy Kiosade. We had just killed him and all of a sudden I get an invite to join zeus and was like?? Ok why the heck not. MMos are about finding people you want to spend time with and hang out with. Correct me if I'm wrong but from day 1 to me this guild has been about helping others and having fun. It starts at the top and trickles down. For example I tanked angry jerkface for peneros the other day. I had no clue if I could do it and survive but we did it and it sure felt great to accomplish that and to help out a fellow guildie. Eventually you have enough people and strong enough as a whole that you can all of a sudden do bigger and greater things than before. Building a guild takes time and if you're patient you'll have one of the best guilds in the server it may or may not be the most powerful but who cares. But I tend to think a guild that works this way will end up being the strongest because those others will collapse due to a poor foundation and rot from individuals only out for themselves. To me Zeus is Govinda server. I hardly notice the other people or guilds on the server. I'm still just kind of sad that some of those people who left I know helped out quite a bit with runs through abbey or bg etc. I guess if you don't have patience and the ability to see the big picture of what this guild is going to be in the long run then Zeus is not for you. I tend to think it's going to grow and only get stronger. The server is young, RoM is young, and the potential for the future is amazing. Just my thoughts on the recent drama and with that I'm off to bed.

Razz

Afterthought: I'm not saying you have to go out of your way to help others every day. But on those days where you have the time pay it forward. Do one thing that will help someone else in the guild. It strengthens them, it strengthens the guild, and it sure does feel good. And if you're 50/50 I know some people just want to run instances all day every day but if you don't continue to build the foundation of the guild all of a sudden you just have a bunch of bored 50s out there and not enough people to run those instances for when you're on. As Zeus's foundation grows so does the number of high levels and all of a sudden you have enough of them to constantly do those cyclops runs, kalin runs, or elite gear runs and everybody wins. And with that I'm finally off to bed. Comments?
    Serenity
    Guildie
    Guildie

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Thoughts on the recent drama Empty i thank you sir

Post  Serenity Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:40 am

Thanks Razz, you summed up months of work in a few paragraphs. Well put. monkey cheers
    Sarek
    Sarek
    Senior Poster
    Senior Poster

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Thoughts on the recent drama Empty Re: Thoughts on the recent drama

Post  Sarek Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:12 am

That was well said, and exactly what I want Zeus to be. I relaxing fun, friendly group of people to play with. Its a game so it should be fun, and enjoyable, without much drama.

Im always willing to help people with things I can do. Being a mage (squishy) Im saddened that I cant help more. (im working on making a tank, so I will be able to help out more)
    Skylanna
    Skylanna
    Senior Poster
    Senior Poster

Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Post  Skylanna Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Yes well put Razz and more people should step out of their comfort zone and try to do new things. I for example took a shot at Gumas, I sadly was not able to kill him but now I know that I need a tank for him. I would have known otherwise. If you know what your limits are you are less afraid to help. And yes I do agree this is Zeus the most helpful caring guild on the server. Lets keep it that way and never forget its a game it should be fun.
    drewfox
    drewfox
    Noobie
    Noobie

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post  drewfox Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:06 am

*Three cheers*

Just remember, not everyone will be as receptive to YOUR devotion to the guild. There will always be disagreements and there will always be drama (something I wish people would grow up from).

Always keep in mind that in every game/guild your chances to flourish are sometimes doused by others. (i.e. the whole FriendofBMA incident)

All in all have fun, but don't get too caught up in it. I think it's important to step back and realize that this is a game not real life.
    Serenity
    Guildie
    Guildie

Thoughts on the recent drama Empty Isn't ironic...don't ya think...

Post  Serenity Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:20 pm

I find it ironic that one week after "some" people posted a commend on this post they left us. What do we think about having Ascaron as our Admin still?
    Sarek
    Sarek
    Senior Poster
    Senior Poster

Post  Sarek Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Serenity wrote:I find it ironic that one week after "some" people posted a commend on this post they left us. What do we think about having Ascaron as our Admin still?

I have no problem with Ascaron being admin, but I think it would be a good idea to add a second admin, that is more active within the guild.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 39

Post  Admin Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:36 am

Serenity wrote:I find it ironic that one week after "some" people posted a commend on this post they left us. What do we think about having Ascaron as our Admin still?

I can xfer admin to anyone, if they are up for it. It is simple and easy to use. I personally was thinking maybe Danarius cause hes pretty smart.
    Serenity
    Guildie
    Guildie

Thoughts on the recent drama Empty sorry ascaron, but........

Post  Serenity Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:39 am

sarek actually, we dont need outside influences
    Danarius
    Danarius
    Noobie
    Noobie

Number of posts : 16

Thoughts on the recent drama Empty Just to bring this to a close....

Post  Danarius Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:48 am

sure, shoot it over as i've no concern bout being up for it
    Sarek
    Sarek
    Senior Poster
    Senior Poster

Post  Sarek Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 am

I have alot of experience with forums, ive been running my own for years. http://untouchable.getphpbb.com/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:49 am